Planning has already begun for IHS 2023. The dates, location, and conference format will be posted once these have been determined. Thank you for your support of IHS 2022!
The recordings of the conference sessions, panels, and presentations can be freely accessed on the YouTube channel.
Founders and helpers – IHS 2022: (From left) Ruchika Aukhez, Hannah Xing, Graceann Tathyaril, Dr Rowena Christiansen, Dr Joshua Chou, Tony Trinh, Gurvinder Bhatia, Fay Ghani.
2022 In-Person Days Program Booklet
Registration and Call for Abstracts
As the conference is concluded, registration is closed, and the ‘call for abstracts’ closed on 11 October 2022.
Speaker proposals were invited for both pre-recorded individual presentations and participation in live panels in either Australian or US time zones.
About the Summit
The 4th International Humans in Space Summit, previously the Australian Space Biology x Health Summit (ASBX), was established in 2019 with the vision to bring the international research and industry community together to bridge the gap between science, industry, and policy relating to the human exploration of space in a diverse and accessible manner that also serves to stimulate and support the interest of ‘the next generation’ in space-related careers. It also has a philanthropic aim to help children and young people experiencing challenging circumstances, and this year is fundraising for the UNICEF Ukraine Emergency Appeal.
Due to the pandemic, the Summit was held online in 2020 and 2021. This year, the hybrid Summit will run from 7-11 November, with the first two days in-person in Sydney, and the remaining three days as online virtual sessions. The broad range of session topics will embrace a mixture of presentations and panels (Australian and US time zones). Session recordings will be available to all registrants via the Summit YouTube channel.
- DAY 1: Monday 7 November – In-person event at UTS, Sydney. Summit launch and Plenary Speakers.
- DAY 2: Tuesday 8 November – In-person event at UTS, Sydney. Space Research and Space Careers Fair.
- Global virtual sessions (panels will be time-zone adjusted to allow international participation):
- DAY 3 – Wednesday 9 November:
- Space Biology
- Space Health
- Lunar Biology
- Astrobiology & Life Beyond
- DAY 4 – Thursday 10 November:
- Human Spaceflight
- Women in Space
- Space Technologies
- DAY 5 – Friday 11 November:
- Space Economics
- Space Governance
- Space STEAM Education
- Student presentations (scheduling TBA).
- DAY 3 – Wednesday 9 November:
Founders of the Summit
Dr Joshua Chou, University of Technology Sydney
Dr Rowena Christiansen, the University of Melbournez
Dr Christine Mehner, Mayo Clinic (USA)
Who else will be there
In 2021, we welcomed over 1,000 attendees from around the globe, and over 120 speakers and panellists. This year, we expect to hear from a wide range of local and international agencies and experts, including NASA, ESA, JAXA, ASA, Government officials, research institutions and academics, educators, and industry delegates.
How to get involved
- Speaker/panellist participation form: https://form.jotform.com/222337708945867
- Website: https://www.ihspace.org/
- General registration (free for speakers/panellists; in-person A$40/$20 for students; virtual A$20/$10 for students): https://events.humanitix.com/ihs-2022-or-international-humans-in-space-summit. Registration provides access to all the conference recordings no matter where you are.
- Sponsorship information: https://tinyurl.com/58bt43x6
- Fundraising for the UNICEF Ukraine Emergency Appeal: https://ukraine.unicef.org.au/t/ihs2022
- Any questions? Email the team via: email@example.com.
- Closing date for proposals for speakers and panellists: Tuesday 11 October 2022
- Registrations close for speakers/panellists: Monday 31 October 2022
- Submission of pre-recorded presentations no later than: Tuesday 01 November 2022.